Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Cute Thrifty Lantern!

These cute lanterns were made by using lanterns that didn't have tops on them and vintage Ball jar caps. I bought the lanterns not realizing that they were missing the tops. When I finally noticed it, I was disapointed that I didn't notice that small detail because I try and look over items very carefully. Who knows where my mind was that day. I started wondering what I could use instead and looked around in my "pile of treasures (aka junk)" and Lo and Behold, the Ball jar caps!
The lanterns were $1.49 each.
The Ball jar caps were only .50 cents each. $1.99 per lantern and they have a vintage look to them!

3 comments:

  1. Love how things just work out!!! Hubby is digging around in the family room today and is finding all sorts of things! LOL!!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great merger of two really great pieces! Super fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great blog you have!! I have been reading through some of your most recent posts. You have lovely collections and I have enjoyed seeing all of your junking treasures. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!