Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Rainy Days and Quilts

I woke up this morning and it was raining (thank the Lord, we needed the rain so desperately). Not a hard rain, but a gentle rain that sounds so soothing. I wanted to stay in bed, wrapped up in my soft quilt, but alas, I had to get up and go to work. As I was getting ready to leave for work this morning, I passed by my collection of pitchers and tumblers and thought I'd share them. I pieced these sets together, one glass at a time. I love putting sets back together. I do this with Pyrex, snack sets, pitchers and tumblers, salt and pepper shakers.
Anchor Hocking Forest Green pitcher and polka dot tumblers. The pitcher belonged to my Grandmother, and I purchased the six tumblers separate. Those tumblers are hard to find. When you do find them, they are either not in good condition (with the white dots worn off), or they are expensive.
This is also an Anchor Hocking set. I don't know the pattern name though.
Aqua Soreno set, also by Anchor Hocking.
Royal Ruby Bubble, another lovely Anchor Hocking pattern. I didn't set out to collect Anchor Hocking sets particularly, it just happen by accident. I hope y'all enjoy my collection. I have more pitcher and tumbler sets than what I'm showing here, but they are incomplete sets so I didn't want to show those just yet.

3 comments:

  1. Lol! Isn't it funny how many of us are "accidental collectors?" Thank you for sharing your sets. I have a collection of colorful orphan glasses. I like the look of mismatched glasses in the cupboard...on upper shelves...look but don't drink from! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley! Thanks for checking out my collection. I'll bet your orphan glasses look great. Mis-matched can look wonderful as well. You should get them out and take a pic so we can all share in the awesomeness!

      Delete
  2. It's the curse of the paint, you pick these things up and apparently there is some addictive additive in the paint. You have to pick up any others you see and bring them home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!