Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Inspired By My Blog Friends!

I don't have the beautiful yard filled with flowers like some of my blog friends, but I'm getting inspired and starting to work on my yard more and plant some things. I've always had a green thumb, but lost interest in growing plants after my son was born. He's 13 now, and I'm starting to have more time to devote to doing things I enjoy. I'll start with my front porch. In Texas, you have alot of ranch style homes with little or no porches. Since I had a small area to work with, I decided to add a pop of color with these chairs. They are reproductions, but I still love them. Go red! I have this garden angel in the front yard, in a corner that doesn't get alot of sun. I'm thinking about surrounding her with hydrangeas. I found her at Big Lots. I found this great Jim Shore planter at Lowe's for $16.00, a good price for a Jim Shore item. It's about 10" tall. On to the back yard! This is my trumpet vine along my back fence with my Texas shaped birdbath. My 83 year old grandmother gave me these hens & chicks when I was there in March. She planted them in an old boot. They are huge! I found this 46" trellis at the Goodwill on the way home from work yesterday. It was marked $15.00 and they were having half price day, so I got this for $7.50! It's already crusty and rusty, and it's going in the back yard. I need to figure out a drought tolerant vine to use it with. A big thank you to all of the ladies out there who post your garden pictures. You've inspired me to do more on the outside of the house, not just the inside! ~Tammy

6 comments:

  1. I don't have a green thumb, so I just enjoy everyone else's gardens vicariously! Thanks for visiting my Front Door post...that's about as much outdoor decorating as I care to do in the summer. It's supposed to reach triple digits by the weekend...bye, bye 70s. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet Shirley Temple Doll! Nice finds at the thrift stores.
    It's almost the weekend!!!
    Deb :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Tammy,
    Just caught up with also!
    WOW love all your 'red' treasure...
    I have a thing with that colour!
    What a great find(shirley Temple Doll)
    Isn't it a great feeling, when you stumble on these things...
    Thanks for popping in on me too!
    Mariax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe it's just me but I seem to think that everything is better when surrounded by hydrangeas. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovin' the red chairs...can't have enough of em!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your chairs! I laughed because i just bought an old rusty chair this last weekend at garage sale that i need to repaint. I love the red. I'm a fellow Texas blogger and would love for you to follow me too. http://www.hollishootsandhollers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!