Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The find of my life!

I knew I wouldn't be able to go junking this weekend because we are having a yard sale to get rid of the leftovers from last weekends yard sale at my brothers house, so I decided to venture out at lunch and go to the Salvation Army. I found a couple of items and was getting ready to head to the checkout and I passed a pile of dolls. I looked down and couldn't believe what I was seeing. I found a 1930's Shirley Temple doll for $4.99! I didn't know how much she was worth, but I knew she was old and I love Shirley Temple. I have two other Shirley Temple dolls at home. The 70's Ideal doll with the red polka dot dress that my parents gave me for Christmas one year, and the very first Danbury Mint Shirley Temple doll. According to some information from Ebay, she is very rare. She has her original clothes, socks, and shoes. Her hair needs some work, but there is a doll doctor in Fort Worth that can fix her up. I am still in disbelief and I need to pinch myself to make sure this is real! I missed Rednesday this week, but this makes up for that!

1 comment:

  1. OH Tammy, what a SWEET find! I'm not a doll collector but do like certain ones. Like BARBIES (if I collected) I did find a talking PEE-WEE HERMAN doll 3 yrs ago for $1.99. I had to get him....kept him for a few months and SOLD him at a yard sale for 12.00! HA! HA! Shirley Temple is adorable...From one sweetie to another...Roxie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!