Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Happy Rednesday!

Another Rednesday and another opportunity to show off my favorite color! Below are some items from home. I'll start off with this darling Burrite pitcher. I have several of these pitchers, all in different colors. I found this one at the Antique Alley sale back in April. The lady selling it told me her Mom made Kool-Aid for her in this pitcher when she was a kid. Despite the memories attached to it, she only charged me $3.00. My baby brother, who happens to be an excellent carpenter, made this awesome shelf for me for my birthday. He made it from an old Coca-Cola crate. I love it! I have this large Eat sign hanging up in my diningroom. I found a large wooden spoon and fork set that I painted black, roughed up the edges, and when I can find the time between working, junking, and re-arranging my booth, I'm going to hang them next to this sign. I purchased this Griffith's spice jar set on Ebay when Ebay first started. I don't even remember what I paid for it because it's been that long ago. It was missing one jar and still is. One day I'll remember to look for another jar to complete the set. I bought the lard tin at a yard sale for $2.00, and the large Brach's tin was found in the nasty, dirty garage of an estate sale for $3.00. That's all I got for today. Enjoy the remander of the week ladies!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely reds today! Sometimes I think I like it too much...when we die, Heaven better provide me with a red polkadotted robe. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever seen a pitcher like that. I hunted high an low for an aluminum pitcher like the one my Grama used for making 'nectar' (her word for Kool Aid)! FUN FINDS!

    Tammy
    In Love!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!