Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

Happy, Happy - Joy, Joy!

I'm feeling pretty happy today! My Mom and I went to our antique mall to give our two week notice that we were going to have to shut down our booth because we weren't making enough to cover the rent. We told them that we loved being there, but we were slowly losing ground and losing money. Clark, the guy that manages the mall when the owner isn't there told us that they had been thinking about splitting some of the booth sizes in half and would we be interested in keeping the same location, just less square footage. We jumped at the chance because right now we have a nice big booth, and cutting it in half would really help us financially. We will be able to keep it full more easily, and we will be on a corner in the front of the store, which is what we want. I'm so glad he mentioned that to us because we really didn't want to give it up. We'll be sliding over into the smaller space at the end of the month. At least I've still got an excuse to keep junking and not be considered a hoarder! "It's for the booth" is my standard excuse. Lol. Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

8 comments:

  1. That is wonderful!! Booth rent can really add up in most places these days. That was smart of them to split the booths!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the booth situation worked-out for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is good news! There's always a door opening just when you think it's closed for good. Best of luck to you in your smaller...more efficient...space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!!! It's for the "BOOTH"! I'm so with you on that! Making me laugh! That is great that you are staying! It's too much "fun" to give up!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great news! I don't know what I'd do if I had to stop thrifting/ junking. Haha! I'm glad u to can continue w/o feeling like a hoarder! Hah! I've been wanting to sell some of my lovelies, just haven't gotten there yet! I've actually seen some bloggers sell of their blog and or Instagram! Have you ever thought about it! Well have a good day!
    xoxo Carly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tammy, I'm going to be located in the 6000 Pavilions, as you come in the ramp from the field side head almost straight to the back by the stairs that leads to the Lewis side. I'm on the right, about 4 down from the last booth. Hope you stop by, I'm having a sale on all things I'm taking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be out there on Saturday and I'm gonna try and swing by to see your booth.

      Delete
  7. Hi Tammy, following you back. I'm glad you had the opportunity to keep your booth space in a way that worked for you! I hope you'll also still be able to open an Etsy with Mom, what a fun endeavor! I'd love to do that with my mom...I think she would disagree.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!