Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

Good News, Bad News

Bad news first: My mom and I have decided to shut our booth down at the end of July. We are just not making enough to meet our rent. It's not for a lack of trying though. We always have a nice variety of cute items, rotate our items, rearrange our booth about every other month, etc, etc. It seems that people who shop our antique mall prefer to purchase mostly furniture instead of knick-knacks. Neither Mom nor I have a truck to be able to transport furniture home and then to the booth, we're pretty much limited to smalls, and you gotta sell a lot of smalls to make the rent!
Goods News: I'm not done with junking, oh no. Mom and I both will start selling on Etsy in the near future. I will still get out and junk, mostly for myself. I'm going to start focusing my blog on decorating my house. I've got several projects in mind and soon, I will have the time to devote to those projects.

4 comments:

  1. The last I looked at the cost of renting space, I was shocked. I don't think that I would be able to cover it every month. I do think that is why so many sell on Ebay and Etsy. I look forward to seeing what you sell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry it didn't work out but there are always new adventures! Blessings~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer that it didn't work out! You did your best and I love the idea of you selling on etsy!
    Thanks for the sweet comment on my recent post!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that you are closing out your booth, but kudos to you for at least trying the booth thing. I would never have the gumption to even give it a go. I love your taste in vintage :)
    Happy trails!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!