Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Red Velvet Cake Balls

I found a recipe online for Red Velvet cake balls and decided I would make some as a treat for my Mom on Mother's Day. They were messy, but very easy to do. Recipe: 1 box Red Velvet cake mix 1 16 oz. tub cream cheese frosting Chocolate or white chocolate almond bark Prepare cake mix as you would if you were making a 9 x 13 sheet cake. Let cake cool completely. Crumble cake into a bowl and add entire contents of frosting to crumbled cake. Mix well. Roll into quarter sized balls and place on wax paper lined cookie sheet. Put into freezer until firm. Melt almond bark in microwave. Dip balls into melted almond bark and place onto wax paper and let cool. These are fabulous and my Mom loved them!

4 comments:

  1. Someone should not be out in blogland catching up on her blog-reading at midnight. Now how I am going to sleep while craving cake balls???? Yikes! Those look delish!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious and seem easy to make. Yum yum yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could do this!!! I am not a huge baker, but these look yummie enough to try! Thank you

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Tammy! First time stopping by your blog and its refreshing, bright and very enjoyable to read! I am a junker also, as it's very FUN to see what fellow junkers Find too! I am following! Have a great week! Your recipe LOOKS MOUTH WATERING! From one sweetie to another..Roxie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!