Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

27 Days Till Florida!

Every year my family and I take a family vacation. Before we go on our vacation, we have a couple of yard sales to finance a portion of our vacation. The money we make goes for gas, hotel, food, or whatever else we need. This past month we have had two yard sales (one day each). One at my Mom's house and one at my house. So far we have raised $623! We are going to have one more at my house in a few weeks for two days. I'm cleaning out my garage and getting rid of a bunch of stuff I just don't have room for. I'm only keeping my very favorite things, or things that can go into the booth. We are hoping to hit a grand total of $1000 to take on our trip. This enables us to get rid of stuff we don't need anymore and provides us with money for a vacation. The items that are left over are donated to charity. This year we are going to Florida. One of my favorite cousins has a vacation condo in North Redington Beach and has invited us to come and play for a week. This is just outside the door of his condo. White sandy beach. Ahhhhhhh...I just can't wait to get my toes in that sand! I am such a beach lover. We have been to Florida many times, but not to North Redington Beach. It's my dream to live near the beach someday...in a cute cottage...with part of it made into a quaint antique shop. I can dream can't I? While we are in the neighborhood, we are going to go to Disney World for a day. We've been there many times before, but you can hardly go to Florida without going to Disney! We are also going to hit a few thrift stores there and along the way. I've always heard that Florida is a great place to go junking due to the number of retirees that live there.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tammy!
    You will love N. Redington Beach. Happy junking while you are in FL.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth! We are very excited to be going, and I hope we find some good stuff to bring back. If not, sand is good enough for me! : )

      Delete
  2. I'm having a garage sale this Thursday! I use the money for summer fun with the grandgirl!
    If you have time, visit Carol's blog and maybe you can meet up!
    http://thepolkadotcloset.blogspot.com
    she sells at an antique shop not too far from Disneyworld!
    Have FUN! Jealous of the beach you are going to. I LOVE the OCEAN!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!